Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Up To The Present Moment-Forward Ho!

  I must admit that last entry was a little dreary to say the least. So for this post I want to catch you up on things that are moving forward for me and my plans for this year and it's a much happier entry,I promise! 
  I got a good bunch of tulip bulbs from Lowes and here's a photo of one of them. Just beautiful and the first time tulips have had a successful run in the flower bed. I just picked up some lovely petunias yesterday at Home Depot and
will be planting those later this week. The pansies I had gotten awhile back are slowly dying out as they have "done their bit" but were pretty none the less. Clear faced pansies-a first for me growing that variety. 
  Above is a pic of my Aria banjo. A real beauty except for the cracked resonator the seller chose to hide by having a super dark pic of it. I need to look into having it glued.Angels were looking out for me on this one. I'm finding a lot of sellers claim musical instruments "sound great" and they've never played them. This was the case as it couldn't be tuned as it had guitar strings and Lord knows what else just to make it look like it was strung. I had to change the strings and treat the fingerboard before I could hear the tone. And it is beautiful! Whatever model this is,it has a tone ring. Very grateful to have it. 
  I am hoping to win a lap dulcimer that needs some TLC. I want one that can be my knockabout buddy as the one I have now is beautiful and I don't see many of this particular make out there,so I worry about getting it dented and so forth. I will find out today if I get this fixer upper. 
  And-speaking of fixer uppers,I also aquired a Chromaharp that needs parts and work-here's a pic of what it looked like upon arrival-and yes I have the chord bars. 


I don't know what is going on with Blogger this morning but I'm having problems uploading photos. This one should not be upside down. It's in good cosmetic condition-I just need a chord bracket,two strings and an endpin cover and I'll be all set. 
 Next installment I'm hoping to show you a dulcimer or two!
  

  

No comments: