Monday, June 7, 2010

More Tailpieces,Banjitar,and Junkin!

That adorable hand carved moon face is on a 16 1/2" viola tailpiece I have up for bid in the store,in addition to 2 other viola tailpieces I embellished. I have contacted my supplier for more fiddle tailpieces,and I have some beautiful cabachons to add to those. 
    I re-rediscovered my banjitar after joining the banjo players hangout-I've been picking Irish tunes on it at night & just plain enjoying myself! 
    The fiddle is going to be practiced on again now that I'm mostly over making myself sore under my chin while I was working with my new shoulder rest and switching chin rests-trying to adjust & see what was right for me so  was no longer supporting the fiddle with m left hand. Aggravated a gland or something but it's nearly gone now. I've really missed not fiddling! Mandolin needs plunking on & so does my ukulele.
    I'm awaiting my antique fiddle case that I got from a seller who was taken nearly 3 weeks to ship it. I reported him to the site,then he gives me a tracking #. Hoping the case is worth the wait. It'll be a relief to have the fiddle in a case,safe from the cats & dust.
    Went to the semi annual neighborhood yard sale extravaganza last Sat & got 2 small frames-on for a pic of Dad & I,and one for an antique hand tinted pic of a fireman fiddler I have. Other prizes were sewing notions,a bag of buttons,2 Oscar De La Renta scarves,one paisley scarf,a harp CD by Carol Thompson,a fall sign for the kitchen,and 2 pairs of sterling silver earrings-one having quartz crystal points. I made sure whatever  got I would have a use for-I don't want to start cluttering up the house again with items because they were a steal or cute. My unloading of previously gained goods is working-people are bidding on my stuff and helping me clear out more clutter. 
     The store will be having an increase in selection of Mel Bay books once the latest shipment arrives-will see if it comes today *crosses fingers* I ordered banjo,fiddle,mando,and guitar books. Trying to cut the drop shipping way down as I like packing the items myself and givng away a business card magnet. Plus it does help to be able to thumb thru the books if I get asked something.
     

No comments: