Thursday, October 21, 2010

Haunted Instruments and Tools of the Dead.....

    Well I figured that would get you here & reading! A lot has been afoot since my last entry,a big change is coming,but I don't want to spill the beans just yet. I want to be sure this is an all systems go before I make my announcement. Now that you're wondering what is going on over here.....I'll change the subject. *Giggles*
     Rain has been hitting hard here all week,and I can't tell you how happy I am to see the sun shining this morning. We needed the rain badly,but 3 or 4 days of gloomy all day weather & I start getting lethargic. I planted a cauldron planter with the cutest orange pansies you ever wanted to see-I'll take a pic in the next few days and share it with you. Luckily I did this before the rains hit! 
     I've been getting into the Cowgirl lifestyle these past several months,tho my taste in music hasn't wandered into country music. Instead,I discovered Gypsy violin music and have fallen in love with it. I'm learning my A minor scale as we speak,so I can learn my 1st gypsy tune.Oddly enough,I remember as a grade school girl wanting to join a gypsy caravan as a fortune teller in traditional gypsy garb & jewelry. I also won a Glasser bow for a wheel of a deal on an online auction. Breaking it in is going to be tricky as I'm having a time getting the rosin to stick to the bow hair. 
    Seeing as Halloween is drawing near,I thought I'd share with you a secret:most of my tools I craft with such as knitting needles,crochet hooks,fabric,and sewing notions come from the dearly departed. That's right. It happens when you go to estate sales. Some are freely given,too-I've had knitting needles thrust in my hands more than once with the seller of the goods telling me to just take them for free to get them out of the house. Did they catch the ghost of their loved one attempting to knit? Did they hear the footsteps & clicking of the aluminum needles in the other room? Did they spy a ball of yarn rolling across the floor by itself? If they did they're not telling.
     Which brings me to musical instruments. (I see your eyebrows raising already) Has anyone ever owned a haunted fiddle,guitar,or banjo? Have you ever sensed a presence from a particular instrument,as tho it had a spirit of it's very own? Has anyone ever purchased an instrument from an estate and once you got it home,oddball unexplainable things start happening around the house? I would imagine this must happen every once in awhile but have never heard a tale about it. 
      On the storefront I have rosin coming in so I can offer that as well as nylon guitar strings. Gift packages are also being assembled for Yule that will involve no wrapping. How cool is that? And I'm knitting neckwarmers & will more than likely post one or two to sell. Perfect for fretted instrument players as you never have to worry about it sliding off your neck or getting in the way. Makes me feel productive while watching TV at night,and football on the weekend. 

No comments: