Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Lifes' been on a whirlwind lately.....

And while I've been trying to make the best of it,it's been challenging,to say the least. My part time job has become more than part due to a billing letter going out to students for past semesters,and this invited nothing but chaos & negativity along with a constant tugging on the sleeve by my supervisor to come in nearly every day. The light at the end of the tunnel will be a nice Dec paycheck. None the less I'm hoping this ends soon!
Dads infected tooth was pulled yesterday,and I found out I have a cavity,so I get to have a small filling put in. But while all this unexpected stuff has been swirling around me,there have been delights,too! My strawberry plant is bearing fruit,I see a ripe lemon on the tree,I've discovered ukulele playin,along with the fact my grandmothers banjolele was made in the early 1920's. A no name model that she had purchased at a roadside stand in San Jose when she was a young girl-the stand owner made these instruments.
So having a lil extra $$,not wanting to take a family heirloom out of the house,I ordered a ukulele for myself along with a gig bag that I can take with me places. I'd worry too much about taking the mandolin,esp now that it's set up proper, I wouldn't want anything happening to it. It should arrive around the 5th.
Thankgiving dinner plans are cluckin in my head. I'm thinking of breaking tradition & going with roast,potatoes & carrots along with dressing this time. The libbys pumpkin bread kits are wonderful,and that will be dessert.
I'm reading about crazy quilting & how to do it. I'd like to start making instrument cases for ukes & mandos. We'll see. And now,for another busy day........

No comments: