Saturday, November 28, 2009

Talkin Turkey....


A little late,I know-I've been caught up in uncluttering,organizing & discarding what I feel is no longer "me". But-I had to share this fellow with you-my best garage sale find in Thanksgiving day decor! I found him this past June in the neighborhood yard sale fest I go to. He sat on my mantle till just after Thanksgiving. I found a similar one on eBay & the seller felt it was fro the early 1950's.
No chips or cracks,tho it does look like he's missing some red on his waddle. I have no idea what he is supposed to be used for-a tiny planter,perhaps? I've also been getting some very reasonably priced Yule goodies for the kitchen-a spoon rest for the sugar spoon and I'll be bidding on a Christmas sugar bowl (that will be holding Splenda) I won one last year but it was just too tall & awkward-I discovered I like short & stocky sugar bowls. I love decorating the kitchen to go with the seasons & holidays. Next years goal will be making valances for the kitchen window for Yule,Fall,Winter,and spring. I could do an old looking patriotic print for summer.
I got the shelf above my computer desk dusted & re organized-I moved the printer & phone up there too as it's more practical & no more stooping over to grab a page while it's printing. Totally redecorated & am goin farmgirl in my tastes. Using a little feng shui in my re organizing....

No comments: