Thursday, March 15, 2012

Redesigning the Blog-Muse at Work!

      I must confess that while the blog looks extremely well coordinated,I can hardly take credit for it. When I designed the banner,I felt my choice in the colors of the text were rather odd-not what I'd normally choose but somehow it felt right so I went with my instinct. Then I went to my fave site for backgrounds & the like and wasn't expecting to find the sunflower one-I wanted more of a cowgirl background,but they were all too dark. Imagine my surprise at the sunflower one-esp when I uploaded it and saw how professional it looked with the banner-esp the coloring of the words in the title! 
      I'm most pleased & thank my Muse for this....and some of the other bloggers at Mary Jane's Farm forum,as I was taking a peek at their blogs & it inspired me to dress up this one. 
      At the cottage cloudy skies have dominated this week with predictions of thunderstorms on Saturday. I've been keeping busy working on orders for Fiddle Belle and pondering what accessories can I make for banjos aimed mainly at the ladies. Sewing up fabric yo yo-s and wanting to finally get into the beginning leather crafting kit I got last fall,swearing I'd get into it right after the holidays. Well it's March,and it's time to get movin on that. I'd like to make banjo straps,we'll see how that goes. First I'll do my beginner's projects like a keyring & other such stuff that came with the kit. 
       And-I'm continuing to unclutter and am grateful to those who are bidding on my auctions which has enabled me to move these no longer wanted items up & out. I am bringing "new" items in the house books & items that show who I am now,not who  I was several years ago. I've come to realise some releasing & letting go is in order. 
       Other crafting projects on the burner are bandana accessories. I even picked up a pattern that shows how to make a vest from a pair of jeans with bandanas as embellishments. 

No comments: